How to Boost Revenue by Adding eCommerce to Your Moving Business
Want to take your operations to the next level? Turn to eCommerce for moving companies today!
If you run a moving company, then you will be quick to identify the challenges that your work brings on a daily basis. From managing labor to communicating with clients, you have a lot to take care of to run your operations successfully.
Even with stellar services, there’s a limit to the labor and moving tasks that you can accomplish daily. This can make it difficult for you to increase your revenues without having to invest more money to expand your operations. Thankfully, modern business technology can help you improve your business through eCommerce for moving companies.
To understand how eCommerce can help you effectively grow your moving business, here’s a breakdown of ways that this technology can help your operations.
How eCommerce Can Help Your Moving Business Manage Inventory
Apart from labor, moving residents often require packing and protective materials to secure their belongings. This is especially true for items movers don’t handle due to safety and liability policies. Selling packing materials to a household separately from your moving services not only helps increase your profits, but it also lets you offer a holistic set of services that contribute to better customer experiences.
You are able to help the resident by providing them with the resources they need to take care of the furniture and home accessories during the move. At the same time, it makes it easier for the movers themselves to execute their given tasks.
Apart from selling these products through your office, you can use eCommerce for moving companies to offer the right items to your customers.
Some of the most common resources required to move a home include, but are not limited to:
- Moving Boxes. These boxes are made out of cardboard and come in a variety of sizes. They are considered a staple in moving activities.
- Packing Peanuts. These pieces of fill packaging can help you cushion items such as electronics, appliances, and kitchen accessories. They are typically used with moving boxes.
- Bubble Wrap. This cushioning material can help you secure fragile items such as decorative accents and kitchen accessories.
- Packing Foam. This material is also mostly used for kitchen supplies, but it can also be used for a variety of other items.
- Packing Paper. This material can be used to secure an array of items before you put them in moving boxes.
- Mattress Bag. As the name defines, this material is used to secure and hold mattresses during moving.
- Packing Tape. This is an essential item in packing supplies that helps you hold your moving boxes together.
Boosting Revenue by Offering Customers Your Moving Materials
If you have a modern website, then it is going to be very easy for you to boost revenues by turning to eCommerce for moving companies. All it takes is a plugin or a small website change, and you can connect with an internet payment gateway to sell your moving products, just like any other regular eCommerce store.
By adding eCommerce features on your website, you can set you apart from other moving companies. This will allow customers who are willing to save money by buying the product directly from your business, while also learning more about your moving services. In turn, this will make it more likely for the customer to give you a call when they require moving transportation or labor.
At the same time, the eCommerce solution will allow you take advantage of the ability to accept payments online. This can include customers who have booked your moving services.
Overall, integrating eCommerce features into your website can allow you to take your moving business to another level.
At Fattmerchant, we provide easy to use yet highly effective eCommerce solutions to businesses of all sizes. Whether your moving business is aspiring to scale its operations or if it already enjoys a significant presence in your service area, we at Fattmerchant can help cater to all of your growing business needs.
To learn more about our services and how they can integrate into your website, feel free to reach out to us today. We will be happy to answer any questions you have and help you obtain our robust eCommerce payment services right away.